It’s great to let you all know that our RCbbc Team, has reached 3 1/2 thousand. With our Podcasts also being pieced together, adding in another media.
April 29, 2021 12:47 pm
Kylie Lang | The Courier-Mail
Brisbane Boys’ College old boy Peter Barker has been announced as new chair of the Presbyterian and Methodist Schools’Associationfollowing the resignation of Morgan Parker after only 13 months in the top job.
Mr Barker is chief financial officer of infrastructure company Cardno and has more than 30 years’ experience with multinational corporations.
Vice-captain of BBC in 1985, he said the PMSA had undergone “comprehensive reform and professionalisation” under Mr Parker and its focus was on “enhancing the experience of students at our four outstanding schools”.
The PMSA runs BBC, Somerville House, Clayfield College and Sunshine Coast Grammar School but has faced ongoing criticism over its governance and handling of numerous crises.
Mr Parker, in confirming to The Courier-Mail on Wednesday his departure as chair, described the overhaul of the church body as a “Herculean task”.
The real estate tycoon, who has been appointed chair of SunCentral and sits on four other boards, likened the PMSA to “a vintage car that needs to be taken apart and rebuilt”.
“You can really work to fix parts of an organisation, but until all parts understand each other and are functioning at best practice, you’re always going to have crises before you,” he said.
This year the PMSA has been accused of “unfairly pushing” BBC principal Paul Brown to resign, conducting a farcical recruitment process for his replacement, and treating school staff in a “reprehensible” way, resulting in a mass staff exodus.
Board member Bridget Cullen resigned after The Courier-Mail exposed a facebook page she had set up in which she allegedly stereotyped poor people.
Last year the expulsions of four BBC boys embroiled in an alleged gang bashing incident were overturned after their parents took Mr Brown and the school to court in a $750,000 negligence claim. The PMSA investigated, and the case has since settled.
Meanwhile, Somerville House has been without a functioning P&F association since November amid allegations of a million-dollar cash freeze of its funds by principal Kim Kiepe.
In 2017 the PMSA was dogged by an integrity crisis involving an alleged data breach and texts between the then PMSA chair, Robert McCall, and then executive manager, Rick Hiley, in which they arranged a meeting in a nude Korean-style bathhouse. The PMSA investigated and cleared them of wrongdoing.
That same year popular Somerville House principal Flo Kearney and several staff exited the school, and the once-vocal BeyondPMSA breakaway group called for a shake-up in the governance structure at all four schools.
In a statement released on Thursday by the PMSA, Mr Parker said of Mr Barker’s appointment: “I believe a critical component of an effective board is its ability to renew itself and this is what this transition achieves.
“I have given my heart and soul to this volunteer role over the past three years and it has been an enormously rewarding period,” said the former BBC school captain who joined the PMSA board in 2018.
“Having served in this role, I am convinced, more than ever, in the bright future of the PMSA and our schools.
“Our focus has been ensuring the sustainability of our schools over the next 100 years and they will reap the benefits of the changes we have made.”
The PMSA said Mr Parker had “overseen more than 50 changes to the governance model that has led to greater autonomy forschools, improved compliance, transparency and commercial management across the PMSA group”.
“Key reforms during his leadership include the revitalisation of governance officers leading to greater diversity and community representation; creation of a child protection and safeguarding committee; development of an industry benchmark HRIS and enterprise agreement improving efficiencies and the PMSA’s ability to attract and retain quality staff; and leveraging of the group’s scale to save $1 million annually through joint procurement efforts.
“Mr Parker was also instrumental in developing the PMSA’s new strategic plan, which challenges the organisation to think beyond the day-to-day operations of the school and contemplate our greater purpose in developing Australia’s next generation.”
In other changes, educator Margaret Berry will take on the deputy chair role replacing Wayne Knapp, who will remain on the board.
Mr Parker will remain as chair until the AGM in mid-June.
Part of 2021’s BBC Captain, Jason Black, uplifting speech, was featured on ABC’s #thedrum (Fri 19 Mar 21). “Changes in direction”, “2021’s Australian of the Year, Grace Tame” alongside “future PM material” were remembered.
- A Brisbane woman started a Facebook page after her BMW was allegedly stolen
- Bridget’s BMW Rescue Journey page was started by lawyer Dr Dr Bridget Cullen
- Facebook page followed fictional meth-addicted teen who allegedly stole car
- Posts were slammed as ‘wildly inappropriate’ but Dr Cullen hit back at criticism
- She has now stepped down as a board member of elite Christian school board
A lawyer accused of ‘stereotyping poor people’ on a Facebook page she set-up after her luxury car was stolen has stepped down from the board of an elite Christian school group.
Dr Bridget Cullen created the tongue-in-cheek page after her black 2017 BMW 5 series sports car was stolen from her Indooroopilly, west Brisbane, home in December last year.
The high-flying lawyer jokingly pretended to be the alleged offender on a page called Bridget’s BMW Rescue Journey.
But the attempted humour was not well received by parents and other members of the Presbyterian and Methodist Schools’ Association.
The governing body oversees the prestigious Brisbane Boys’ College, Somerville House, Clayfield College and Sunshine Coast Grammar schools.
A self-described ‘bad-ass middle-aged mother’. Dr Cullen announced her departure on Tuesday night following a social media backlash.
The public page, which has since been deleted, followed a fictional meth-addicted teenager whose mother is a prostitute living in government housing in Redbank.
The series of satirical posts followed the teenager as he drove the vehicle around the local area and continued to break the law, including stealing mobile phones.
‘Driving the beast all over town, buying up big on pseudoephedrine for big cook-up tonight,’ one post read.
According to the posts, the fictional teen had spent time at the Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre, used fake IDs and referred to people who live in ‘Indro’ as ‘c**ts’.
The teen would also go on ‘benders’ and revealed how when they visited their grandmother for her birthday they yelled ‘What the f**k are you trying to do?’.
Almost 600 followers joined the page, reportedly including Liberal National Party candidate for the Brisbane seat of McConnel in the 2020 state election, Pinky Singh.
Criminal lawyer Tam Elabbasi was also reportedly a ‘top fan’ of the page and allegedly wrote on the Facebook page on January 26 ‘I’m negotiating your movie deal! Easy money lol!’.
A senior source within the schools told the Courier-Mail the posts were ‘wildly inappropriate, and stereotyped poor people in disadvantaged areas’.
Another said they were shocked by the ‘horrific language’ used.
Dr Cullen had been frustrated police were unable to use tracking technology to locate the vehicle because of privacy laws.
She said she created the page ‘to harness the power of social media to assist police in their investigation’.
Queensland Police eventually recovered the vehicle and Dr Cullen said she was grateful for their work and for those who provided information in response to her posts.
Any attempt to suggest that my posts were more than this would be driven by an agenda that does not respect my status as a recent victim of crime,’ she said on Monday evening.
‘I am committed to social justice, for all persons in our society. It is often the case when a woman is in a leadership position that some people will look for an easy way to cut them down.’
The governing body’s code of conduct states that members must ‘treat every individual with courtesy and respect’ and ‘use social media appropriately and responsibly’.
PMSA chair Morgan Parker acknowledged Dr Cullen had ‘worked tirelessly during the transformative journey of the PMSA and she has made it clear that she has no interest in becoming a distraction to this significant body of work’.
‘We would like to reassure our community we are committed to the highest standards of conduct and ethical behaviour that are consistent with our Christian values,’ Mr Parker said.
- PMSA board member Dr Bridget Cullen slammed for Facebook post ‘stereotyping poor people’
Lawyer quits board of elite Christian schools after tongue-in-cheek Facebook posts about stolen BMW
From ‘When British Royals Are Pedophiles, It’s Called Peccadilloes’ (Frank Report 2019), James Saville fronts the article (as follows).
Through reading of this article, attention is drawn again and again by the following second paragraph:
Watch the deck being reshuffled over and over again as the “elite” take care of their own.
Despite receiving intense amounts of counselling, therapies, medications and distractions: many CSA Victims continue to speak about the intensity of their CARC Session and-or their NRS Submission, ripple effects within marriages and families who’re reluctant to admit that these (unkown) Abuses “ever happened” (‘under their responsibility’), disputes and victim-blaming that may result when the CSA Victim has to retell/relive these past experiences to uninvolved relations ‘for interest sake’, splits that may often be blamed on the CSA Victim for ‘being the needle in the haystack’ of their family separation.
- many CSA Victims continue to speak about the intensity of their CARC Session and-or;
- their NRS Submission;
- ripple effects within marriages and families who’re reluctant to admit that these (unkown) Abuses “ever happened” (‘under their responsibility’);
- common descriptions of young victims being so targeted, that they did not even know of what parts of the human anatomy were involved: “before I had ever even heard of sex or knew what anatomy was used” (Shivani, 5th paragraph, 2019);
- patterns of predators should always be reported + shared with others in that community type (just as this RCbbc.blog). this allows for cautious advice to be shared with others (previous, existing + potential);
- disputes and victim-blaming that may result when the CSA Victim has to retell/relive these past experiences to uninvolved relations ‘for interest sake’l;
- an earlier victim of a known CSA Predator has gone from being victim, to re-enacting these same behaviours on a new victim. these actions should not occurr + Police should be contacted ASAP;
- splits that may often be blamed on the CSA Victim for ‘being the needle in the haystack’ of their family separation;
Hike these are only some of the potential ‘haystack needles’, they do describe some of the experiences that some of the BBC Students had experienced, witnessed or ignored during their enrolment. These articles were never meant to make accusations, only to provide another POV in the often controlled world of ‘free media exposure’. Comments are welcomed, yet relevant threats will now be reported through applicable QPS CPIU channels (previous OCA comments included). As overlapping instances of Qld Baptist’s SDBC have been cited, these warnings are also made via SDBC_RC.
BBC. (2020). Brisbane Boys’ College. https://www.bbc.qld.edu.au
Commonwealth of Australia. (2017). Child Abuse Royal Commission. https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au
Department of Social Services. (2020). National Redress Scheme. https://www.nationalredress.gov.au
OCA. (2020). Brisbane Boys’ College Old Collegians’ Association. http://oldcollegians.com.au
Qld Police Service. (2020). Child Protection Investigation Service. https://www.police.qld.gov.au/units/victims-of-crime/child-protection
SDBC_RC Blog. (2020). Sunnybank District Baptist Church Blog. https://sdbcrc.wordpress.com
Shivani. (2019). When British Royals Are Pedophiles, It’s Called Peccadilloes. https://frankreport.com/2019/08/13/when-british-royals-are-pedophiles-its-called-peccadilloes/
Royal Commission and Brisbane Boys’ College. 2020.
Bridget Sipera, a teacher at Camden Catholic High School in New Jersey, has been charged with sexually assaulting a male student less than half her age . The two repeatedly had sex over an 18 month period.
Western society tends to view sexual activity among teens as part of the natural process of development. We bombard teens with sexual images. Discouraging sex seems repressive to us.
While we may be protective toward our daughters, some of us actually cheer our sons on. Sex with a teacher is seen as the ultimate fantasy.
But there are serious dangers associated with early sexual activity. And sex between an adult and child is as damaging to boys as it is to girls.
Teens who engage in sex are likely to engage in risky sexual behaviors in adulthood .
They are more likely to have multiple sexual partners, and less likely to use condoms. This increases their chances of contracting a sexually transmitted disease or HIV, and having an unwanted pregnancy.
Ten million of the sexually transmitted diseases newly reported each year are acquired by young people between the ages of 15 and 24 . It bears mention that the brain is not fully developed till age 25.
Early exposure to sexual content can, also, give rise to sexual addiction [4A].
Best estimates are that 3% – 6% of American men suffer from sexual addiction . However, women can fall prey to sexual addiction, too.
Sexual addiction can destroy relationships, compromise finances, and contribute to criminality.
Typically, sexual addiction is characterized by one or more of the following [4B]:
- compulsive masturbation;
- reliance on pornography and/or prostitutes;
- an endless succession of meaningless sexual encounters;
- use of fetishes in place of human interaction;
- voyeurism/exhibitionism; and
- sexual sadism or masochism.
Addicts persist in these behaviors despite the negative consequences.
In an attempt to better understand the underlying causes, some psychologists classify sexual addiction into categories . These categories help explain why certain individuals are more susceptible to sexual addiction than others. The categories can overlap.
- Biological – Most sexual addiction has a biological component. Where the biological component is predominant, fantasy can supersede or replace relationships altogether. Triggers must be identified and carefully regulated, so that the brain can be retrained to new neural pathways. A sponsor who will hold the addict accountable for lapses can be beneficial.
- Psychological – This form of sexual addiction is a reaction to childhood abuse or neglect. As many as 80% of sex addicts may fall into this category. For them, sex has become a maladaptive means of self-soothing. Their underlying psychological pain must be addressed before a healthy self-image can be re-established, more appropriate means of coping substituted, and the addiction overcome.
- Trauma-Based – This form of sexual addiction is the direct result of sexual trauma in childhood or adolescence. Trauma drives the repetitive behavior. To heal, the addict must first make the connection between such trauma and his/her acting out. Suppressed feelings surrounding the trauma must be explored and resolved.
- Mood Disorder – Sexual addiction can co-exist with anxiety and depression (as well as lead to those). Teens and young adults may use sex as a way of “managing” their mood disorder, and find themselves addicted to the sexual response.
- Spiritual – This form of sexual addiction is an attempt to fill an emptiness inside only God can fill. As the philosopher/mathematician/scientist/theologian Blaise Pascal put it, “There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of each man which cannot be satisfied by any created thing but only by God the Creator, made known through Jesus Christ.”
That sexual addiction is a challenging and tenacious disorder does not absolve sex addicts of the harm they inflict on others.
We owe our sons better.
 6 ABC Action News, “Camden Catholic High School teacher charged with sexual assault” by Trish Hartman, 8/27/20, https://6abc.com/camden-catholic-teacher-sex-assault-cherry-hill-new-jersey-bridget-sipera/6391338/.
 Lifespan/Bradley Hasbro Children’s Research Center, “Early Adolescent Sexual Risk Behavior: The Clinician’s Role” by Christopher Houck PhD, July 2010, https://www.lifespan.org/centers-services/bradley-hasbro-childrens-research-center/early-adolescent-sexual-risk-behavior.
 Centers for Disease Control, “Sexual Risk Behaviors Can Lead to HIV, STDs, & Teen Pregnancy”, https://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/sexualbehaviors/index.htm.
[4A and 4B] PsychGuides, “Sex Addiction Symptoms, Causes and Effects”, https://www.psychguides.com/behavioral-disorders/sex-addiction/.
 The Recovery Ranch, “How Common Is Sex Addiction”, https://www.recoveryranch.com/addiction-blog/common-sex-addiction/.
 National Center for Biotechnology Information, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, PubMed Central, “Understanding and Managing Compulsive Sexual Behaviors” by Timothy Fong MD, November 2006, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2945841/.
 Sex Addict, “The Six Types of Sex Addicts” by Doug Weiss PhD, https://sexaddict.com/six-types-of-sex-addicts/.
Since 26th Oct 20, there has been a jump in visitors to our RCbbc Blog. Most of these were concerning ‘known CSA predators’, ‘elite’/‘private schools’ and ‘previous charges’/‘current trials’. The inclusion of another ‘Brand™’ of GPS Schools (Catholic) had also been a major trigger to these jumps. While following a similar pattern of how Journalistic-identified programs had unveiled CSA instances, upwards from southern states; RCbbc has ‘back-traced’ these same trails in reverse (BBC-GPS-NSW).
Although identification of these trails were discussed during our early days (2013-15), it is still breathtaking when truths are realised. Unfortunately, those who experienced any of Butch’s (AK Buchanan, BBC, St Paul’s & IGS) classes may remember some of AAGPS Schools being mentioned, in his previous exploits (SHORE, Scots College et al). Much more is awaiting to become evident, so stay tuned.
BBC’s inclusion in the Royal Commission’s eventual National Redress Scheme, is administered via the PMSA (Presbyterian Methodist Schools Association). Each of the other stated Private Schools should be administered by their similar authorities. Relevant details of each of these institutions is contained in the following References, which should provide relevant authorities detail upon request.
- AAGPS. (2020). Athletic Association of The Great Public Schools of NSW. http://aagps.nsw.edu.au
- BBC. (2020). Brisbane Boys’ College. https://www.bbc.qld.edu.au. Sit Sine Labe Decus.
- Glancey, Jonathan. (2014). Sydney Opera House: ‘An architectural marvel’. https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20130711-design-classic-down-under
- GPS. (2018). The Great Public Schools Association of Queensland. https://gpsqld.org.au.
- IGS. (2020). Ipswich Grammar School. http://www.ipswichgrammar.com. Labore Et Honore.
- IGS Board. (2020). Board of Trustees. https://www.ipswichgrammar.com/our-school/board-of-trustees.
- PMSA. (2019). Presbyterian and Methodist Schools Association. https://pmsa-schools.edu.au
- Scots College, The. (2020). The Presbyterian Church (New South Wales) Property Trust. https://www.tsc.nsw.edu.au
- SHORE. (2020). Sydney Church of England Grammar School. https://www.shore.nsw.edu.au
- SPS. (2020). Saint Pauls School. https://www.stpauls.qld.edu.au. Fide et Literis
- TCSDOB. (2020). The Corporation of the Synod of the Diocese of Brisbane. https://www.acnc.gov.au/charity/e3b528a3a04fc25dbbfe003190f3080c
Although this title may be recognised by some, as a recent inclusion in EC Curriculum in Qld (2008-12) – it intentionally parallels the controlling, executive set of rules of the church – while those following, ‘beneath’ practice these same “commandments” bound by emotions of ‘sin’ , ‘praise’ ‘righteousness’ and ‘faith’ (Old Testament, Knowing Jesus 2020), moving onto focus on motivation to “draw in the fishes, to feed 4,000 (then 5,000) men” (‘miracle’ story-analogy in the Bible’s Matthew 14:13-21, Mark 6:30-44, and Luke 9:10-17, John 6:1-15; practiced by Fundamentalist Churches, as “instruction from god”) (Knowing Jesus 2020). Differing denominations-sects of the Christian church interpret this common story extensively: from life-critical wars (modern tribal differences), global offences (WWII & Jewish Genocide), Court Offences (e.g. Buchanan Sentences and Lloyd Trials) and peaceful debates (politics, national-state & Vatican).
4,444 victims was the extent of abuse by Catholic priests in the 2017 CARC (The Guardian, C. Kraus): Marist and Christian Brothers forming highest (20% & 22%). Through analytical review of ABC News’ 2019 article on the Catholic Church, it became evident that beyond the traits of “Celibacy, order and obedience” were reinterpreted by later religions. As many held to a goal of ‘being different & not copying’ the traditions of Catholicism, their reuse of “the religious order’s secretive, cloistered world” was commonly identified. Other examples include:
- Although other churches have mostly broken away from Celibacy, each have created their own Order, with the element of Obedience practiced at varying levels;
- Catholics continue to practice use of Roman terminology, yet few recognise the deceptions underlying this mistranslation;
- Freemasonry in the Vatican – does the following sound familiar: “Masonry is not for everyone, just for the select few.” At the same time Masonry teaches it is the only true religion and that all other religions are but corrupted and perverted forms of Masonry. (2020).
As complex as these examples may be, they were given to provide a small example of some popular influences practiced regularly. What began as just a ‘social influence’ 2,000 yrs ago, has grown into such impact that lives are lost, innocents are killed, with many other ‘breakaways’ following the original recipe. Unfortunately, Child-Sexual-Abuse remains a constant that’s still being addressed – despite the Royal Commissions, Inquiries, Summons and (empty) ‘Promises’ – CSA continues. Perhaps the means by which power is brought over vulnerable youth-disabled-elderly-indigenous-women-class-LGBITQ? One answer we all need is equality. Yes, Equality.
- Browne, Rachel. (1993). George Pell (right) with now-disgraced priest Gerald Ridsdale in 1993. Sydney Morning Herald. https://www.smh.com.au/national/abuse-unseen-but-on-the-radar-cardinal-george-pell-tells-commission-20160229-gn65xm.html
- Freemasonry Watch. (2020). Freemasonry in the Vatican. http://freemasonrywatch.org/freemasonry_in_the_vatican.html
- Hopler, Whitney. “Miracles of Jesus: Feeding the 5,000.” Learn Religions, Aug. 26, 2020, learnreligions.com/miracles-of-jesus-feeding-the-5000-124513.
- King, Charlotte. (2019). Celibacy, order and obedience: Inside the Christian Brothers, https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-04/life-inside-the-christian-brothers-religious-order/11500746?nw=0
- Knowing Jesus. (2020). 47 Bible Verses about Righteousness, As Faith. Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Righteousness,-As-Faith
- Kraus, Christopher. (2017). 4,444 victims: extent of abuse in Catholic church in Australia revealed. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/feb/06/4444-victims-extent-of-abuse-in-catholic-church-in-australia-revealed
Churches and Schools
Some Private Schools in NSW are supported outright by Religious bodies, also sharing traits with many of Brisbane’s CSA experiences (GPS). Coupled with the ‘Teacher-swapping’ habitus of GM Cujes and his involvement in the CARC, there’s been withdrawal of School Seniority from Catholic Schools and Change-of-Names. The ‘Christian Brothers’ (seriously, not satire) had withdrawn their church leadership (ABCNews 2019), appointing laymen to these Headmaster roles. As there had already been suspicious reputations of secrecy and cloister (ABCnews 2019 & BRA 2020). Thankfully the separations into ‘good’ Patients and ‘bad’ Patients extended to occasional medical checks at local hospitals. In keeping with canon law to remain completely anonymous to outside authorities (King 2019). Ironically the Patients who made the majority of the ‘bad’ group, were Catholic Christian Brothers. Seemingly, like persona forced themselves to flock together leading to give a negative impression on nurses who were used to serving a wider public audience.
Unsurprisingly, George Pell had perjured himself in his Defense of Gerald Ridsdale. As immortalised by the following photo, Pell would later be acquitted by an overruling Australian High Court (2020). Potentially on legal-technicalities, the multiple Judges overruled a previous Guilty Verdict of Pell. Now in the Catholic’s Vatican, Pell may be enjoying his escape from judicial trials yet as any CSA Victim-Survivour knows, their actions will leave their mark until the end.
Ironically, GM Cujes (although denouncing CARC allegations, 2016) achieved Headmaster of Trinity College. Previously St Patrick’s College, later renamed Trinity Catholic College by the Catholic Church. Changing names (persons, businesses & institutions) is frequently associated with desires to create distance from historic events of the previous namesake. Psychology, Justice and other fields acknowledge these facts. Unsurprisingly, GM Cujes had preferred to be referred to by his middle name whilst Headmaster of BBC (1990-1996). Under Trinity appointment, Graham appears missing as their preference. AK Buchanan (‘Butch’) used similar choices between his hunting-playgrounds (BBC & IGS): (A) Kim at BBC and Anthony K at Ipswich Grammar School.
- Broken Rights Australia. (2020). A Christian Brother is jailed for offences he committed 40 years ago. http://brokenrites.org.au/drupal/node/340
- Browne, Rachel. (1993). George Pell (right) with now-disgraced priest Gerald Ridsdale in 1993. Sydney Morning Herald. https://www.smh.com.au/national/abuse-unseen-but-on-the-radar-cardinal-george-pell-tells-commission-20160229-gn65xm.html
- King, Clariotte. (2019). Celibacy, order and obedience: Inside the Christian Brothers. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-04/life-inside-the-christian-brothers-religious-order/11500746?nw=0