As of 25 March 2022, the Scheme:
- Had received 14,582 applications.
- Made 9,164 decisions — including 7,889 payments, totalling over $682.6 million (m), with an average of $86,521
- Has made 8,679 offers for redress. Applicants have six months to consider their offer of redress.
- 5,923 applications are currently being progressed, 702 are on hold or paused, including 112 applications due to institution not participating (representing 1.9% of applications on hand).
- The total number of applications finalised and redress payments in Year 1 are 239 ($19.8m), 2,537 ($205.0m) in Year 2, 3,283 ($285.0m) in Year 3 of the Scheme and 2,148 ($172.8m) in Year 4 of the Scheme.
- 43 IDMs are currently actively making decisions.
Participating institutions update
All institutions where child sexual abuse has occurred are encouraged to sign up to the Scheme as soon as possible.
As at Declaration 2, signed by the Minister on 7 March 2022:
- All Commonwealth and State and Territory government institutions and 577 non government institutions are now participating in the Scheme.
- Approximately 70,200 sites across Australia are now covered by the Scheme.
- To date, 63 institutions have been declared under the Funder of Last Resort (FOLR) arrangements.
- These institutions are defunct, a government is equally responsible for the abuse and the Commonwealth and/or relevant state governments are the FOLR.
A number of institutions were recently added to the Scheme legislation. This declaration is available on via the Federal Register of Legislation: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2022C00171
For the latest information about institutions, visit our website: https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions