Although some CSA Survivors were disappointed during parts of the CARC (2013-17), a major step is now being confronted: Arranged, networked + partial occasions throughout VIC have been mapped out, for moments of the Catholic Church. Although there are multiple other denominations of churches who use their own ‘unique sway‘, majority of congregations are Catholic. A great place to start exposing the (hidden) truth.
As there are many similar ‘maps’ existing, for other denominations-victims-schools-teams-clubs – this gives a confidence boost, with support that experts are anchored into the necessary legal-counselling-psychological work. Whether a cure is ever available, alternative solutions will be considered for this longterm (hidden) dilemma.
3 key points:
- The first mapping effort linked 99 clergy to 16 paedophile networks in the Melbourne and Ballarat dioceses
- Documents and the oral histories of at least 50 survivors are being used
- Women in the church and nuns will be examined as part of the mapping process
ABC News + SBS News will remain our primary sources, with relevant references given.
- Anstatt, Tony. (2020). Overlapping Institutions 2. https://royalcommbbc.blog/2020/11/02/overlapping-institutions-2/
- Wakatama, Giselle. (2021). Catholic Church paedophile networks to be mapped ‘like organised crime’ by academics. ABC News Newcastle. 05FEB2021. https://www.pontificalsecret.com/catholic-church-paedophile-networks/
Anstatt, Tony. (2021). Lid opens some more! RoyalCommBBC blog. Brisbane, Australia.
Pingback: Overlapping Institutions | SDBC_RC Blog