Having completed my initial NRS Experiences and Impact Statements (NRS Fact Sheet, 2019), it initially felt ironic that the most nerves I had felt was actually at the final stage: Apologies. Advice that has given earlier indicates that description of each individual instance, together with personal impacts from each of their ongoing effects supports the evidence throughout the Instances and Impact Statements. While I had previously had the wrong POV, that completing Instances and Impact Statements, my work would be over – taking a wider POV, it’s now clearer that each section confirms and complements related matters throughout the NRS Submission.
As exciting as all this may sound, the journey of its lodgement isn’t over. knowmore (Community Legal Service) is another body involved in the National Redress Scheme. There are also Senior Staff within Blue Knot, who are able to offer their advice into the fine-tuning/tweaking of the order, expressions, focus and editing of Preliminary NRS Submissions.
In working my way through some of the updated NRS data, I came across the following list of possible example list of impacts of CSA experiences (Describing Impact of your Application, 2019). In closer focus, it began to both horrify my and reminded me in the instance(s) that I’m drafting up a list of requested apologies. I also realise that I am ‘but one fish in the sea’ of previous CSA Assaults. Although I feel fortunate for the beneficial discussions I’ve had, my deepest request/suggestion goes out to any other Surviving-Victim of CSA: Seeking Help can be done anonymously! When you’re ready to take things further, Expert Guidance is available.
- Pacchiana, M. (2018). 7 Ways Family Members Re-victimize Sexual Abuse Survivors. Psych Central. Retrieved on November 18, 2020, from https://psychcentral.com/lib/7-ways-family-members-re-victimize-sexual-abuse-survivors/
- Department Social Services. (2019). National Redress Scheme. https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/
- National Redress Scheme. (2019). Describing Impact in your Application – Fact Sheet. https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2019-02/describing-impact-your-application.pdf
- knowmore Legal Service Limited. (2020). https://knowmore.org.au
- Boyd, C. & Foster, G. (2011). Living Well. A Guide for men. https://www.livingwell.org.au/get-support/living-well-services/living-well-a-guide-for-men/