Although this title may be recognised by some, as a recent inclusion in EC Curriculum in Qld (2008-12) – it intentionally parallels the controlling, executive set of rules of the church – while those following, ‘beneath’ practice these same “commandments” bound by emotions of ‘sin’ , ‘praise’ ‘righteousness’ and ‘faith’ (Old Testament, Knowing Jesus 2020), moving onto focus on motivation to “draw in the fishes, to feed 4,000 (then 5,000) men” (‘miracle’ story-analogy in the Bible’s Matthew 14:13-21, Mark 6:30-44, and Luke 9:10-17, John 6:1-15; practiced by Fundamentalist Churches, as “instruction from god”) (Knowing Jesus 2020). Differing denominations-sects of the Christian church interpret this common story extensively: from life-critical wars (modern tribal differences), global offences (WWII & Jewish Genocide), Court Offences (e.g. Buchanan Sentences and Lloyd Trials) and peaceful debates (politics, national-state & Vatican).
4,444 victims was the extent of abuse by Catholic priests in the 2017 CARC (The Guardian, C. Kraus): Marist and Christian Brothers forming highest (20% & 22%). Through analytical review of ABC News’ 2019 article on the Catholic Church, it became evident that beyond the traits of “Celibacy, order and obedience” were reinterpreted by later religions. As many held to a goal of ‘being different & not copying’ the traditions of Catholicism, their reuse of “the religious order’s secretive, cloistered world” was commonly identified. Other examples include:
- Although other churches have mostly broken away from Celibacy, each have created their own Order, with the element of Obedience practiced at varying levels;
- Catholics continue to practice use of Roman terminology, yet few recognise the deceptions underlying this mistranslation;
- Freemasonry in the Vatican – does the following sound familiar: “Masonry is not for everyone, just for the select few.” At the same time Masonry teaches it is the only true religion and that all other religions are but corrupted and perverted forms of Masonry. (2020).
As complex as these examples may be, they were given to provide a small example of some popular influences practiced regularly. What began as just a ‘social influence’ 2,000 yrs ago, has grown into such impact that lives are lost, innocents are killed, with many other ‘breakaways’ following the original recipe. Unfortunately, Child-Sexual-Abuse remains a constant that’s still being addressed – despite the Royal Commissions, Inquiries, Summons and (empty) ‘Promises’ – CSA continues. Perhaps the means by which power is brought over vulnerable youth-disabled-elderly-indigenous-women-class-LGBITQ? One answer we all need is equality. Yes, Equality.
- Browne, Rachel. (1993). George Pell (right) with now-disgraced priest Gerald Ridsdale in 1993. Sydney Morning Herald. https://www.smh.com.au/national/abuse-unseen-but-on-the-radar-cardinal-george-pell-tells-commission-20160229-gn65xm.html
- Freemasonry Watch. (2020). Freemasonry in the Vatican. http://freemasonrywatch.org/freemasonry_in_the_vatican.html
- Hopler, Whitney. “Miracles of Jesus: Feeding the 5,000.” Learn Religions, Aug. 26, 2020, learnreligions.com/miracles-of-jesus-feeding-the-5000-124513.
- King, Charlotte. (2019). Celibacy, order and obedience: Inside the Christian Brothers, https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-04/life-inside-the-christian-brothers-religious-order/11500746?nw=0
- Knowing Jesus. (2020). 47 Bible Verses about Righteousness, As Faith. Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Righteousness,-As-Faith
- Kraus, Christopher. (2017). 4,444 victims: extent of abuse in Catholic church in Australia revealed. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/feb/06/4444-victims-extent-of-abuse-in-catholic-church-in-australia-revealed