Latest institutions to join the National Redress SchemeThis newsletter includes an update on the latest institutions to join the National Redress Scheme.
For more information or to find support services, go to the National Redress Scheme website or call 1800 737 377 Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (local time), excluding public holidays.
On 29 March 2019, the National Redress Scheme (Scheme) added over 7,000 site records to the National Redress Scheme search database. This is the largest upload to the Scheme website to date.
The following institutions have undertaken the steps to join, they are:
· Uniting Church in Australia Assembly
· Baptist Care NSW & ACT
· Baptist Care SA
· Baptist Care WA
· Baptist Churches of New South Wales & ACT
· Baptist Churches of Victoria
· Sisters of Mercy Parramatta
· Scouts Queensland
The fourth group of Anglican organisations have joined represented by Anglican Representative Limited, they are:
· Anglican Diocese Bunbury
· Anglican Diocese of Gippsland
· Anglican Diocese of Grafton
· Anglican Diocese of Melbourne
· Anglican Diocese of Newcastle
· Anglican Diocese of North Queensland
· Anglican Diocese of Sydney
· Anglican Diocese of Tasmania
· Anglican Diocese of Willochra
· Anglican Schools Corporation
· Anglicare N.T. Ltd
· Anglicare SA Ltd
· Brotherhood of St Laurence
· Church Missionary Society – Australia Limited
· Church Missionary Society – NSW and ACT Limited
· Church Missionary Society Victoria Incorporated
· Mentone Grammar School
· St Columba Anglican School Council
· St Michael’s Collegiate School
· The Council of Macarthur Anglican School, ATF Macarthur School
· The Council of Tara Anglican School for Girls
· The Hutchins School
For more information about which sites are covered by these institutions, go to the Scheme’s website. There is also a full list of institutions that have joined the Scheme at: www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions/joined-scheme.
An interactive map is also now available on this website for users to choose a state or territory from the map, to find out what institutions have joined in your area.
Where do I get support?
Redress Support Services are available to help people understand the Scheme, provide emotional support and guide people through the application process. A list of support services is available on the website.
Those who need immediate emotional support can contact:
· Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
· Lifeline 13 11 14
· 1800 Respect 1800 737 732
· Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
· Mensline 1300 78 99 78
· In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Find out more
To find out more, you can call the National Redress Scheme on 1800 737 377Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (local time), excluding public holidays. You can also visit the website at www.nationalredress.gov.au.
Retrieved from eMail sent on 1 April 2019.
Pingback: Institutions that have not yet joined the Scheme | Royal Commission and Brisbane Boys College