This newsletter includes an update on institutions as they finalise arrangements to participate in the National Redress Scheme.
For more information or to find support services, visit the National Redress Scheme websiteor call 1800 737 377 Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
(local time) excluding public holidays.
More institutions have undertaken the steps to formally join the National Redress Scheme, they are listed below.
- Geelong Grammar School Ltd
- The Presbetarian Church of Queensland
Six more Anglican organisations have joined represented by Anglican Representative Limited, they are:
- Anglican diocese of Bendigo
- Anglican diocese of the Northern Territory
- Anglicare Northcoast
- Camberwell grammar school
- St John’s Anglican College and The Springfield Anglican College (FSAC Ltd)
- The William Branwhite Clark College Council
One more Catholic institution represented by Australian Catholic Redress Limited has also joined the Scheme, it is:
- The personal ordinate of our Lady of the Southern Cross
This means 34 out of the 35 Catholic Dioceses and Archdiocese have now joined the Scheme.
In addition, one more Catholic Religious Order has also joined the Scheme, it is:
- Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart
For more information about which sites are covered by these institutions go to the Scheme’s website. There is also a full list of institutions that have joined the Scheme at: www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions/joined-scheme.
Where do I get Support?
Redress Support Services are available to help people understand the Scheme, provide emotional support and guide people through the application process. A list of support services is available on the website.
Those who need immediate emotional support can contact:
- 1800 Respect national helpline 1800 737 732
- Women’s Crisis Line 1800 811 811
- Men’s Referral Service 1300 766 491
- Lifeline (24 hour crisis line) 131 114
- Relationships Australia 1300 364 277
#vatican’s @pontifex public wishes of public admission are now being realised. How much longer will we wait for honesty to be realised…if ever?!